Technical calculations, simulations and analysis form the core of Etteplan’s engineering analysis. Our competence areas include failure investigations, analysis and simulations, static and dynamic properties of systems and structural integrity.
Etteplan’s more than 60 highly educated experts in Finland, Sweden and China ensure world class quality solutions. Etteplan has in-depth understanding the industry-specific challenges including the aviation and defense, process industry, elevators and escalators, cranes and lifting equipment, automotive and transportation, robotics, mining, off-shore technology, energy and power, and consumer electronics industries. The precision and quality of Etteplan’s analyses are further enabled by the employment of the most advanced analysis software.
Whenever there is a need for checking the strength of a single part or a complete machine assembly, or for optimizing the life-time of equipment in serial production, Etteplan has the tools and competence to do it. Customers come to Etteplan to get help in smaller calculations and analysis where we support the customer’s competence and calculations department, but also in full-scale development projects where many competence disciplines are needed.
Etteplan strives to deliver best practice and adopts the right methods to improve and verify our customer’s design. We have the competence to help customers in design change decisions over the entire product life-cycle. Our services include:
- Structural mechanics: linear and non-linear static analysis, transient analysis, dynamic response analysis, rotor dynamic analysis and crack propagation analysis
- Fluid mechanics: aero-,hydro- and thermodynamics analysis
- Designing electronics cooling
- Designing ventilation of clean spaces and/or spaces with high cooling demand (e.g. clean rooms, data centers)
- Optimization of topology, form and function
- Mathematical modeling of the behavior of a system (e.g. drivelines, hydraulics, AirCondition systems Battery and hybrid systems using tools like Simulink, Dymola, C++)
- Structural Integrity, design criteria, standards and norms of Aerospace, Process, Off-Shore, Machine and Railway industry
- Pressure vessel and piping calculations and analysis according to global standards
- Composite structures R&D
- Seismic analysis including the knowledge of various norms and standards
The services can range from simpler handbook calculations to more advanced, multiphysical modeling simulation and analysis. Etteplan’s experts can also take the full project management responsibility of product and methodology development projects. Our engineers are located both at Etteplan’s offices and at customers’ sites which enables us to accomplish independent in-house projects as well as a customer-managed R&D projects.
Customers and references
- BAE Systems
- Dellner Brakes
- The Switch
- Rolls Royce
- SAAB AB (Aerospace & Defense Company)
- Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery
- SL (Stor Stockholms Lokaltrafik)
- Volvo AB
For more information about Etteplan’s services in engineering analysis, please contact:
Heikki Tenovaara, tel. +358 10 307 2219, or email: heikki.tenovaara(at)etteplan.com
Anders Helmersson, tel. +46 702 29 02 10, or email: anders.helmersson(at)etteplan.com
Star Chang, tel. + 86 5125 768 9999, or email: star.chang(at)etteplan.com