Etteplan’s professionals have extensive expertise in renewable energy and in designing engineering design solutions to reduce the customer’s energy footprint and the total costs of energy. We have world-class expertise in energy storage solutions as well as in developing emission technologies.
Etteplan’s customers in the energy industry include power stations using nuclear, wind, wave, hydro, peat, coal, oil, natural gas and solar energy as well as power transmission customers using High Voltage AC and DC transmission.
Thanks to our long customer relationships we have gathered a wealth of knowledge in the engineering design requirements for instance for:
- Industrial gears
- Steel structures
- Power generators
- Wind turbine components
- Distribution systems
- Supply transformers
- Substation automation
- Frequency converters
Etteplan has substantial expertise to help customers continuously improve the equipment design process, product data management system and component information to gain quality improvements as well as process and product cost efficiency.
Etteplan's know-how in energy and power transmission covers the following engineering design areas:
Etteplan also provides services for:
- Product development: Etteplan has the capability to take full responsibility of the customer’s product development project including project management.
- Production development: Etteplan develops tools for manufacturing and assembly of industrial machinery and equipment.
- Engineer-to-Order: For customers striving for efficiency in the Engineering-to-Order process, Etteplan offers all necessary tools and methods to manage and execute continuous and recurring engineering projects and work packages. The tangible benefits of Etteplan’s Engineer-to-Order service are shorter lead times an improved cost efficiency. The service is provided as a Managed Service, where Etteplan can take the responsibility of the entire Engineer-to-Order process or a part of it.
- Expert services: According to customer’s need Etteplan provides consulting services tailor made to the customer’s need.
- Engineering process consultancy: Etteplan provides consulting services based on the lean engineering design and continuous improvement principles.
- Technical product information including:
- Animations, rendering services
- Technical illustrations
- Technical writing
- Spare parts catalogues, user instruction, service and maintenance manuals: Etteplan provides a comprehensive service to support the customer’s service and maintenance business
- Training materials
- Offshoring in China: Etteplan provides engineering design services to customer in the energy industry also from its units in China. Our cost-efficient engineering and offshoring services help customers improve competitiveness of their products.
- Global item management
Etteplan’s customers in the area of energy and power transmission include ABB, Andritz, Metso Power, Siemens Energy and Alstom Grid.
For more information about Etteplan’s services for energy and power transmission, please contact:
Jukka Lahtinen, tel. + 358 103 072 390 or e-mail: jukka.lahtinen(at)etteplan.com
Sixten Folke, tel. + 46 73 078 0910 or e-mail: sixten.folke(at)etteplan.com