Philips – Healthtech & Lighting
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands is a diversified Health and Well-being company, focused on improving people’s lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in Healthcare, Lifestyle and Lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of “innovation and you”.
Etteplan, a trusted partner of Philips for over 20 years
Etteplan has been the trusted partner and preferred supplier for Philips Healthtech and Lighting for over 20 years, during which we deployed many technical information experts to create various types of documentation, including instructions for use, service manuals, reference cards and e-learning material. Etteplan also provides translation and printing-on-demand services, and handles the Intellectual Property work, taking care of all patent related documentation and translations.
Our specialists provide added value by:
- Being a one-stop shop for all of Philips’ documentation needs.
- Having vast expertise to create, manage and publish high-quality technical product information that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, including FDA and EU Directives.
- Giving flexibility with experienced and qualified resources during peak times and off peak times.
- Giving local support from multiple locations, including Best (Netherlands) and Suzhou (China).
- Being part of Philips’ Quality Management System (QMS) Support.
For Philips Innovation Services, Etteplan developed and executed several user and service manuals in the field of Wafer Steppers, Care Servant and Smart Patient Bed-Solutions.
For Philips Lighting, Etteplan created user, service and installation manuals for the Lighting Controls, the Calculux-program and LED-installations. We also developed and generated manuals for TVs, peripherals for PC and audio/video products.
For Philips Lighting China, Etteplan’s engineering services include the design of the mechanical components.
"Etteplans dokumentationsingenjörer i Kina är mycket erfarna och levererar högkvalitativa resultat. Etteplan har med kort varsel lyckats att uppfylla våra behov och har gett oss förbättrad flexibilitet för att justera vår verksamhet".
In addition, the Etteplan way of working ensures efficiency and cost savings for Philips, while maintaining the high quality of product information. As a result, Etteplan trained over 170 technical authors at Philips worldwide on the use of Simplified Technical English, the universal standard for clear and concise authoring, as this helps Philips to:
- Create high quality and consistent technical information
- Save translation cost
- Improve safety