LoRa in Mbed - seminar and workshop, Oulu & Espoo, 21-22.8.2018Back to events and webinars
The LoRa low power wide area networking solution is gaining space. It is being used in a wide range of applications. There's more hardware solutions supporting LoRa available and the cost of the HW is decreasing. How to effectively create the LoRa application running on the HW? What tools and methods are available and how to configure the application for the LoRaWAN network?
We are following up our “Build with Mbed – Exploring LoRa” webinar with a combined breakfast seminar and workshop on how to develop a LoRa application using Arm Mbed. There are two events: in Oulu on the 21.8.2018 and in Espoo on the 22.8.2018. You can select which one you are participating in when registering to the event.
You will learn how to:
- Setup and use Mbed as your development environment
- Basics of LoRaWAN and how to build a LoRa application in Mbed
- What kind of HW there is availabe to support LoRa applications
- How to setup your LoRa application both for privat and public networks.
You will get:
- Mbed enabled LoRa development kit
- Connection to a public LoRaWAN network (for a limited amount of time)
The event consist of presentations followed by a hands-on workshop. The event is intended for product managers, R&D managers, software and application developers or anyone interested in creating a LoRa based appllication and learning what kind of alternatives there are.
- Introduction to Arm Mbed, Jan Jongboom, ARM
- LoRa in Arm Mbed, Marko Hietala, Etteplan
- HW solutions for LoRa application, Marcus Woxulv, ST
- Public LoRa network, Ari Kuukka, Digita
10:30 Hands-on workshop
- Creating a LoRa application in Mbed
- Connecting to public LoRa network
12:00 end of event
The seminar is free of charge but the number of seats may be limited.
There is parking available outside the building in both places.