Asset information management
In capital-intensive companies, downtimes become increasingly expensive due to lost production capacity. Therefore it is imperative to maximize the assets’ productive life cycle by optimized maintenance programs and efficient use of assets. In addition, safety issues and regulations have an ever growing impact on how the assets are operated and maintained.
Based on our experience, high quality asset information can help save on average 10 per cent of maintenance and investment costs. The cost savings are due to improved accessibility and correctness of the technical documentation.
Etteplan’s services in asset information management (AIM) are geared to ensure correct technical documentation in investment projects, reduce asset information management costs as well as increase safety and service responsiveness to maximize asset uptime.
We can take full responsibility of your asset information management as a service, so that you can focus on your core business. Companies such as Fortum, Finavia, Outokumpu, and E.ON, entrust Etteplan’s services in asset information management.
You should contact us if your organization is facing the following challenges:
- you are starting an investment project, but it seems that the asset information is not up-to-date and there is uncertainty about the location of the master data
- documentation requirements missing or inadequate
- project planning and closures are suffering from long lead times
- there are no clear roles and responsibilities in asset information management
- asset information is only partly digitized
- maintenance engineers spend too much time in correcting erroneous asset information
- you want to make sure that your asset information fulfills all relevant safety regulations and enhances occupational safety by minimizing work related accidents
Smooth service and maintenance operations depend on accurate and up-to-date information
According to several studies, a maintenance engineer spends 30 per cent of his/her time in searching for the right asset information such as the as-built drawings, work instructions, maintenance and repair records and structures. Therefore a key factor impacting the efficient use and maintenance of physical assets is the quick and easy access to high quality asset information.
The benefits of high-quality asset information as a service for operations and maintenance:
- maintenance engineers save time thanks to accurate and up-to-date information
- improved occupational safety
- decision making is based on up-to-date and correct information reducing risks
- decreased dependency on individuals’ competences and knowledge
High-quality asset information decrease investment project’s costs
In investment and modernization projects, engineers require reliable and up-to-date baseline data for multiple simultaneous projects. Erroneous asset information can have a huge impact on the total investment costs and schedules. Therefore it is important to ensure prompt access to the valid asset information already before the beginning of an investment project.
The benefits of high quality asset information as a service for investment projects:
- shorter lead times as asset information is correct from the beginning of the project and it can be easily found-
- cost savings as there is no need to make corrections to data in the course of the project
- engineers can rely on the validity of the data
- personnel can be allocated to value adding activities instead of updating erroneous information