Code of conduct
Etteplan acknowledges the importance of proper business conduct and good reputation being in its long-term interest as these create loyalty and trust in employees, shareholders, other stakeholders and the communities in which Etteplan operates. This is why we have written this Code of Conduct (“the Code”). The purpose of the Code is to present and communicate our common set of ethical values and business principles to all employees and stakeholders as well as to give internal guidance in our daily business. Etteplan encourages its suppliers and other business partners within its sphere of influence to adopt the principles of this Code.
Etteplan’s business operations worldwide are based on high ethical standards. Etteplan promotes fair competition in accordance with applicable laws. In every country in which Etteplan operates it shall comply with the laws and regulations of that country. In situations where the law does not give guidance, Etteplan applies its own standards based on its corporate culture and values. In cases of conflict between mandatory law and the principles contained in this Code, the law shall prevail. All employees have the responsibility to be aware of relevant laws or to seek guidance in order to ensure compliance.
The Code is applicable to all Etteplan companies and it is a non-negotiable requirement that all Etteplan employees, without any exception, follow this Code.
The Code has been approved by Etteplan Oyj’s Board of Directors. The code has been written in English, Finnish and Swedish. The original language of this Code of Conduct is English. In the event of any discrepancies between translations, the English language document shall prevail.
Ethics and Law
- Etteplan is committed to complying with national and international laws as well as locally established good practices taking into account local cultural practices.
- We stress that abiding with the laws and jurisdiction is only the minimum level of ethical conduct. Creation of internal policies and detailed standard operational procedures ensures that the highest standards of responsible conduct and good corporate governance practices are met throughout the organisation. As a minimum requisite all employees must obtain understanding of laws relevant to their work and take appropriate measures to ensure compliance with the laws.
- We require our management and our employees to avoid conflicts of interest and not to accept personal gifts or hospitality from our stakeholders or any other party except of gifts of nominal value given in the ordinary course of business and not tied to any agreements or understandings that include benefits in exchange of the gifts. We abstain from paying or offering bribes or any illicit payments to anyone in order to obtain business opportunities. Employees and members of Board of Directors are presupposed to act according to company’s best interest. Situations where one’s own and company’s interests conflict should be avoided. Business relations cannot be used to advance one’s personal interests.
Quality and Environment
- The quality and environmental management systems specified by Etteplan Group will be applied according to Etteplan Group’s business idea to the industrial engineering and technical product information services, to the project management and to the actions needed to produce them. Etteplan Group’s documented quality management system fulfils the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality management system and ISO 14001 Environmental management systems standards.
- Our objective is to serve our customers globally through long-term, in-depth cooperation so that they succeed in their own business activities. We also consider the expectations and requirements of other interested parties in all our operations. Top management and employees in Etteplan Group know and understand the quality system and the quality policy and are dedicated to the operational principles they require, as well as to the continuous development of our system. We develop our activities and services by implementing new design tools, by training our employees, launching development projects and following the realisation of set objectives.
- Etteplan Group takes its environmental responsibility into account in all of its activities. Environmental considerations are a natural part of the Group’s business operations. We are aware of the environmental effects of our activities and we set objectives and goals for our operations that work towards environmental protection. The policy and the effectiveness of objectives and goals are constantly reviewed and developed. Etteplan operates in a way that prevents environmental pollution according to the requirements set by legislation, the regulations set by authorities and other interested parties as well as requirements set out in the ISO 14001 standard.
- Etteplan shall provide a safe and healthy working environment for all employees.
- We are committed to creating good workplace practices in all our locations. This means that we constantly improve our internal practices to ensure the well-being of personnel. In our daily business we follow local health and safety laws, agreements and practices.
- We are committed to respect and promote the rights at work according to labour, safety and rights at work laws. We are designated to respect the right of employees to form representative organisations and to join – or not to join – trade unions, provided this right is freely exercised, and establish a constructive dialogue with these unions.
- Etteplan is committed to respecting human rights, which are based on highly accepted international declarations, such as the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work and the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Etteplan shall not tolerate working conditions that conflict with human rights.
- Etteplan will not tolerate the use of child labour or forced labour in any form.
- In customer work Etteplan emphasizes professional way of working, genuine partnership as well as secrecy of customers’ confidential information and high level of data protection.
Equality and Diversity
- Etteplan is committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination in its recruitment and employment practices and procedures. All employment must be offered and provided on the merits of the applicant. Employees and applicants for employment must be treated and evaluated according to their job-related skills. Our compensation policy is to provide fair salaries, benefits and incentives.
- Etteplan is committed to offer a workplace that does not discriminate against gender, race, religion, nationality, age or other physical qualities. All harassment in any form is unacceptable.
Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Etteplan will make every effort to deal only with suppliers and subcontractors who themselves subscribe to this Code. Suppliers and subcontractors are expected to respect and abide human rights and environmental rules and procedures in their businesses. Also suppliers and subcontractors must also comply with local legislation in all the countries they operate in.
- We insist on honesty, integrity and fairness in all aspects of our business and expect the same in relationship with all suppliers and subcontractors. We aim to deal only with reputable suppliers who are willing to apply our quality standards.
Hotline feedback channel
Etteplan offers various channels for reporting suspected ethical offences. It is important to remember that presenting a suspicion that you know to be false is also an ethical offence.
Etteplan's growth strategy
Stategische pijlersDe vier strategische pijlers van Etteplan zijn: klantgericht, service-oplossingen, één Etteplan en engineering methodes. Lees meer
Onze meerwaardeOnze op maat gemaakte oplossingen nemen onze opdrachtgevers allerlei werk uit handen. Lees meer
Visie en kernwaardenLees meer
Strategische en financiële doelenEtteplan updated its strateegic and financial targets in December 2016. The targets for growth and profitability remained unchanged. Lees meer
AcquisitionsIn acquisitions, which play a key role in our strategy, our focus is on increasing our competence capital and geographical expansion. Lees meer
Board of Directors & Management
Etteplan has set the standard in engineering design for 30 years. The company has been a pioneer in the development of engineering design and methods as well as new business models.
Events & webinars
At Etteplan, corporate responsibility is at the core of our day-to-day business as we design hundreds of sustainable solutions for the world’s leading machinery and equipment manufacturers every year. Our highly skilled personnel play a crucial role in fulfilling our customer promise.