Etteplan renews its organization and structure to boost growthBack to Releases
Etteplan renews its organization, makes changes to its Management Group and to segment reporting
Etteplan Oyj Stock Exchange Release December 19, 2018 at 1.00 p.m.
Etteplan boosts growth and introduces a new global organization, where the service areas will form the reporting lines instead of the current country organization. At the same time the responsibility areas of the Management Group members will change, and the Management Group will get a new member. Etteplan’s Board of Directors has today in its meeting approved the changes which will become effective as of January 1, 2019.
”Etteplan has a strong position as the forerunner in the engineering industry. With the organizational change we speed up the development of our service solutions and sales, as well as our ability to bring new technologies as part of our offering. The change will enhance our capability to reach our strategic target for Managed services and boost growth”, says Etteplan’s President and CEO Juha Näkki.
”Furthermore the competitive situation is becoming more global and the customer demand is changing. Our customers’ projects are wider and more complex. With the organizational change we also improve our capabilities to respond to these needs, he continues.
Changes in Etteplan’s organization and Management Group:
The names of Etteplan’s service areas will change as of January 1, 2019. The following people are appointed as responsible for the Service areas:
- Riku Riikonen, SVP, Engineering Solutions. Previously he acted as SVP, Engineering services service area.
- Kari Liuska, SVP, Software and Embedded Solutions. Previously he acted as SVP, Embedded systems and IoT service area.
- Mikael Vatn, SVP, Technical Documentation Solutions. Previously he acted as SVP, Operations Central and Western Europe.
In addition, we form four new corporate level functions:
- Global Sales will be responsible for developing sales in the entire company. Its main responsibility is to ensure that we sell all our service solutions in every country where we operate in. Jukka Lahtinen is appointed as SVP, Global Sales and a member of Etteplan’s Management Group.
- Solutions & Technologies will focus on managing and developing our offering, new service solutions, service products and technologies. Petri Ikonen is appointed SVP, Solutios & Technologies. Previously he acted as SVP, Technical documentation.
- Operational Excellence will be responsible for Operational Development, Project Management Office and IT. Veikko Lamminen is appointed SVP, Operational Excellence. Previously he acted as SVP, Operations Finland.
- Human Resources will be organized as a separate function. It will be responsible for human resources, human resources development and recruitment. Marcus Reijonen will act as SVP, Human Resources (interim).
Outi Torniainen continues as SVP, Marketing & Communications; and Per-Anders Gådin as CFO; SVP, Finance.
All the above mentioned are part of Etteplan’s Management group and report to the President and CEO Juha Näkki.
Outi-Maria Liedes-Jauhiainen, SVP, Operational development and HR, and a member of Etteplan’s Management Group will gradually retire during 2019.
”Outi-Maria has been part of Etteplan’s Management group for more than ten years and has significantly contributed to the development of Etteplan. I want to warmly thank Outi-Maria on behalf of the entire company”, says Juha Näkki.
”Jukka Lahtinen has acted in many business and sales positions in Etteplan for many years and knows the industry, company and our customers very well. His long and wide experience gives Jukka a good starting point for developing our global sales to the next level and support our growth. I welcome Jukka to Etteplan Management Group”, Juha Näkki continues.
Etteplan makes changes to its segment reporting
Until now Etteplan’s business has been conducted in one operating segment. With the organization change Etteplan will also change the internal reporting provided for the chief operating decision-maker, i.e. Etteplan’s Management Group for decision making. From the first Interim Report 2019 onwards, each afore-mentioned service areas will form an operating and reporting segment of their own. We will give more information about the changes to the segment reporting in our 2018 result announcement on February 7, 2019. With the changes to the segment reporting Etteplan increases the transparency of the implementation of the company’s business strategy and realization of targets.
Vantaa December 19, 2018
Board of Directors
Juha Näkki, President and CEO, tel. +358 10 307 2077
Outi Torniainen, SVP, Marketing and Communications, tel. +358 10 307 3302
Etteplan provides industrial equipment and plant engineering, embedded systems, IoT (Internet of Things), and technical documentation solutions to the world’s leading companies in the manufacturing industry. Our services are geared to improve the competitiveness of our customers' products and engineering processes throughout the product life cycle. The results of Etteplan’s innovative engineering can be seen in numerous industrial solutions and everyday products.
In 2017, Etteplan had a turnover of approximately EUR 215 million. The company currently has over 3,000 professionals in Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Germany, Poland and China. Etteplan's shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd under the ETTE ticker. www.etteplan.com